Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My First Guimaras Island "Study Out" Adventure



So I just thought of sharing one of my most enjoyable and memorable experiences in my first year here in Iloilo-- Guimaras Island adventure it is! It was my 4th month here in Iloilo (September), and my sisters decided to visit me and do a little bonding with each other together with my housemates/classmates in med. (Yeah I know it's not me they visited actually, it's the place! I was just convincing myself. lol!) Anyway, I was sure it was a 26th birthday blow out by my BIG "but little" sister Julie (the one who took the very nice pics below) =D Thanks sis! We were all blessed! ^^,

The adventure started Saturday morning, and ironically, we were going to have a major exam in Neuroanatomy by Monday. But who says we can't join the fun? This is why I call it "Guimaras Island Study Out Adventure"! I know right? lol. 


But for the sake of those who haven't heard of "Guimaras Island" yet (errr...but who hasn't?), this captivating place is actually an island province of the Philippines located in the Western Visayas region (Region VI). Not only is it famous for its beautiful sceneries, it is also well known for producing the sweetest mangoes in the world!  Located southwest of Panay, Guimaras is separated physically from Iloilo by a narrow channel, which takes just about fifteen minutes to cross by pumpboat from the Ortiz  Wharf on Iloilo City to its capital, Jordan.  



The place can't be compared to Boracay Island, but you would still totally miss 100% fun and adventure if you get off Iloilo without ever landing in Guimaras island! 

                                                  
THE RENDEZVOUS

It only takes a 30 minute ride from Iloilo International Airport to Jaro via GT Express van which only costs 50 PhP (not that my sisters are out of budget.. they're just practical! weeeeeh! Convincing myself again.) So, there in Jaro, we met for the first time after four months of separation (Char! I'm not being hysterical here! lol! ). Then we had breakfast in Jollibee, lunch at our aparment, and off we went to the island! 


THE JOY RIDE 

From apartment to Ortiz port, we had a 10 minute jeepney ride (6 PhP only since we're students. lol) and then off to the island via a very affordable pump boat ride which costs only 12 PhP per head. 


From left: Sheine (classmate), Feona (family friend), Reuben (sis chammy's bf), ME, Flom (classmate), Jai-jai (sister), and Cham2x (sister).  


Once we arrived in Jordan, we hired a multicab to Raymen's Beach Resort in Alubihod (400 PhP only). It was just a 45 minute joy ride!.


Contact Nos.: 033-3969252/ +639185207271



FUN! FUN! FUN! and lots more of FUN!

Everything else was fun! The food, the gift items, the island hopping, the swimming, and of course the STUDY  periods! lol. 

Feeding fishes in the fish sanctuary



     Milkfish! This one is quiet big, about 3.5 feet! No kidding!




The cave looks creepy outside. But, yeah it's really creepy. lol!













The cave as seen from the inside. Not that creepy in this pic. =D




Inside the cave with the stalactites and stalagmites. 



    Don't be fooled! There are still a lot of bats out there! 



So much more of the noisy bats behind me and Jai-jai!



      Pawikans!!! FYI: These creatures which is considered to be endangered species today, 
have been actually used as laboratory animals for research a long time ago. : (



They (the pawikans) are really cute! I wonder why my sister Julie didn't want to hold it at first. lol!


    My housemates! My classmates! =D


A breath taking scene while we're on the boat. 




                                           
 
... swimming is so much FUN!

SISTERS! Me, Jannielyn, Chammy, Julie





So, did we pass Neuroanatomy?


I don't wanna tell this but... 


OF COURSE!!!! 
=))

10 comments:

  1. Naa unta ni like2x button... I like it! Lingaw man diay ka mo hulagway ug adventure jak.. keep it up! lolz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. It means a lot to me. Char!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey yahooanswer master! hahaha.. blogger na diay ka ron?? hahaha..

    mag comment na lang ko kay gipugos man ko nmu.. hahaha.. btaw oie, pki check sa captions nmu sa uban pics...di nko mo sulti unsa kay kabalo nka ana.. hahahaha...nice write-up by the way! enjoyed reading it! hahaha

    btw, nice keo ang name sa blog nmu.. BUGTAW... swak keo! kay kelangan mo guid mag BUGTAW AGA pa pra mag skwela... hahaha

    looking forward to more write-ups pra ma commentan nko.. hahaha.. dapat naa ni sweldo ang mo comment sab oie...hahaha

    Aja Acha!! (",)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks mommey!!! I'm glad you enjoyed reading my first blog.. I made a lot of effort on it.. Char!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow... nakaremember pa jud ka sa tanan jack noh... hasta sa mga plite... hehehe...

    pero btaw oie... tnx to you and to your sisters and their friends... nalibrehan jud mi... hehe... nalingaw jud mi.... sa uulitin! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. i so love your blog, your pictures, and your models! you make me want to see Guimaras again so badly! please have bora for your next blog! lolz

    hala jak na remind na nuon ko na march na! birthday na nimu. dagat na pud ta! na.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks sheine! You make me want to write more.. I'll do my best to write a blog about boracay next time! ^^,

    ReplyDelete
  8. i agree jak..scripted jud imung comments.. hahahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  9. wahhahahah.. i couldn't agree more..

    ReplyDelete